Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rooftop solar is now cheaper than the utility grid?

A few days ago my friend sent me this surprising article that I thought this blog might like. It claims that in 42 major US cities home solar energy has become less expensive than their utility grid. There is some interesting economic data on solar energy as an investment.  Of course, these studies take into consideration tax credits, financing and incentives that are available currently (but are subject to change).  

I also found it interesting that Colorado Springs has exceptionally low prices for solar PV. Here is the link for the article:


My uncle also sent me a picture of a newspaper article citing a similar study (found below). 

By Kevin Lanphere


1 comment:

  1.  I want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. 
    Solar Panels In Las Vegas NV
    Solar Pool Heating
    Solar Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete